Sunday, July 30, 2017

Rinse and Repeat!


I did the same Zig Scribble technique as my post from yesterday to make a sympathy card today. I used a pink and purple colour scheme, and white pearl embossing powder. The florals are Altenew's Peony Bouquet.



My uncle passed away recently and he was a gifted pianist. After masking the flowers, I heat embossed sheet music on the card front. On the inside, I stamped piano keys and this calligraphy stamp from Quietfire Design:


Here you can see the heat embossed sheet music a bit better:


I am happy I was able to create a card that reflected a bit of my uncle's gift for music with stamps I had on hand. These cards are always difficult to make, but this watercolour-ish technique makes it more enjoyable. The YouTube video where I learned this technique is here.


No comments: