Thursday, November 3, 2016

Penny Black Berry Kissed


I recently picked up a few new stamps from my local stamp store, Stampers!, which is sadly closing shop at the end of this year. They are Penny Black stamps and they have sort of a watercoloured feel to them already. I am watercolour challenged so I figured this would be a good way to try and get the look. This bunch of leaves and berries is called Berry Kissed.

Using my MISTI stamp positioner, I coloured the leaves, stems and berries using Distress markers. I just kept colouring and stamping until I got a look I liked. I clear embossed over all, then used an embossing pen to add glitter embossing powder to highlight parts here and there. I spattered the watercolour cardstock with Distress Shaded Lilac ink and used the same to colour the base of the card. The Penny Black sentiment (Festive Cheer) was stamped in VersaMagic Perfect Plumeria and clear embossed. I found a bit of plumeria coloured cardstock to layer underneath. 

I found a challenge on the internet to enter for Penny Black stamping - the Penny Black Saturday Challenge. The current call is for autumn colours and I think I achieved that.

I am also entering this in the current Christmas Card Challenge. Thanks for visiting. 


5 comments:

Susan Powell said...

This is beautiful! Sorry to hear your local stamp store is closing out :( Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is so pretty and elegant. Love the image!
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

laurie said...

So pretty! I love the bit of shine!Thanks for sharing at The Christmas Card Challenges, so happy you joined us!

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, I love the soft feel to this card. Sylvia D.