Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Vintage 50th Birthday Card and Gift


Quite some time ago I purchased the 12X12 pad of graphic45's Botanical Tea Collection and I am going to be sad when it is all gone. I needed a special birthday card for a colleague who likes vintage things, and adores gardening, so this was my go to stack.


I dusted off my Tim Holtz caged bird die and used some Creative Chemistry techniques to give the bird's home a patina. The flowers were made using the Spellbinders Bitty blossoms dies. I had to make a box to go with.
Sentiment: Waltzingmouse Stamps
I added Rock Candy Dry Glitter to the dollar store flower. I used Distress Crackle Paint and inks and stains on the papier mache box. I made some wrinkled rayon ribbon with Distress Stains. The label frame was silver, but I antiqued it to match the really old key using alcohol inks. I forgot to take a photo of the inside, but I lined the box with the same background paper as on the card. Here's the set:

I am entering this in the Seize the Birthday challenge.






4 comments:

Nancy said...

This is such a terrific and thoughtful gift! Love those flowers, and paper and bird cage! Such a terrific card! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls for Wild Card Week.

Nancy said...

OOPS! I am terribly sorry ...to many teams!! LOL Seize the Birthday!

Quietfire said...

Wonderful projects! I know what you mean about running out of the Botanical Tea! Love those flowers!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a lovely "vintage" packaging with card! Someone will love this - Thanks for joining in at STB