Monday, December 15, 2014

Tidings of Comfort and Joy


Here is the Christmas card design I liked so much I made seven identical cards to send out. Tonight I am addressing them and sending them off. I always include a Happy New Year greeting inside just to cover off the lateness of (ahem) Canada Post.
The sentiment is gorgeous hand-lettered calligraphy that Suzanne at Quietfire Design turns into rubber for those like me who are penmanship-challenged!
I mounted the entire front panel onto a piece of thin foam to uniformly lift it up off the white back panel. I edged the raised panel with gold ink and included a few spatters of gold amongst the red to tie it all together.


I carried the folksy Scandinavian theme inside, too. I am entering this over at the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge Blog, which is singing its swan song this fortnight. I will miss Deb, Tara and Kathy's fabulous inspiration pieces, but will bookmark their personal blogs so I can keep up with their new adventures in papercrafts.

I originally was going for Clean and Simple (CAS) for this mass-produced card, which would have made it ideal for the Christmas Card Challenge, but they are pretty forgiving over there, so I will enter it anyways!

Speaking of mass-producing (7 of one design is a record for me, I think) my MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) Precision Stamper from My Sweet Petunia has been such a joy to use to enable me to stamp crisp, clear images and serial stamp. After 25 years of stamping, I did not think I would find a new tool as useful and clever as this. Works with unmounted, clear and cling-mounted stamps. Watch the MISTI designer's videos on YouTube and you'll soon see what I mean!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

La Papera Gialla said...

It's a great card! Good idea to make more than one!
Thanks for entering our Christmas card Challenge this week!
Monica - CCC DT

gail said...

lovely card, thanks for joining Christmas Card challenge. Gail DT

Unknown said...

Lovely Christmas card design, super ornament backed with the holly and Nordic Winter stamp stripe. Love the ink splatters. Thank you for joining in with the last ever Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge.
Kathy C

Kate said...

Brilliant card Charmaine. Love the holly leaves behind the ornament and the scandinavian strip. I think that set has to be my next to buy - you've showcased it perfectly here. Love your paint splatters BTW !!!

Kate said...

This is a stunning card - it's beautifully balanced in layout and colour.

Tara Cardwell said...

Stunning card! love the caligraphy stamp too.
Thanks for your kinds words - sorry we had to close the challenge.
Tara
x

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I love the traditional colours, the Scandinavian theme and that lovely spatter too.

Thanks so much for playing along with our final Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge. I must apologise for the lateness of my comments - Christmas, New Year and illness intervened!!