Sunday, November 16, 2014

Flowers for WMS Fanatics Challenge


The Waltzingmouse Stamps Fanatics Challenge is Flowers. There's almost two weeks to play, and the theme is broad, so I hope folks will join in. They can even be Christmas blooms, like poinsettias or chrysanthemums.

I made this card to pop into the post for someone very special. I don't know if I am the only one, but it seems the more a card means to me, the hardest it is to get "just right!" I stamped and heat embossed flowers and leaves in clear on white cardstock, then went around the leaves with green Distress Inks and around the flowers with orange and yellow Distress Inks. Wiped the excess off to bring back the shine of the embossing.

The "miss you" is an electronic cut file that was cut out of the cardstock on my Silhouette Cameo. I cut a few, glued and stacked them together, then added black glitter to the final layer and nestled it back in the words-shaped hole. It is securely embedded, but also raised up a bit due to the layers and the glitter. Neat effect. I echoed the black with a very narrow border of black cardstock cut with my Perfect Layers tool and affixed to an olive card. And here it is upright:
Hope you'll play along, too! Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Love this card - the flowers are so beautiful - I really like the way the white flowers and leaves pop from the background. Love the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics this week!

Unknown said...

Lovely use of your flowers to create your card, great choice of colours. Your sentiment is fab.
Thank you for joining in with the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge.
Kathy C

Kate said...

It looks wonderful - so colourful. You really nailed it and your friend will definitely see the love behind it !!!