Sunday, May 25, 2014

Texturized Birthday


The Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge #18 is to add texture. I got out a bunch of embossing folders and ran some manila card stock strips through my Cuttlebug. Then I applied Picked Raspberry and Broken China Distress Inks and cut them up into 1.5 inch squares.

Finished card: 5 inch square 
I sewed the squares down with a zig zag stitch to a turquoise ground. I used the same blue for a doily circle to mount my little Copic-coloured WMS cupcake and greeting.
Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star Glitter Pen for sparkly frosting.
Seize the Birthday's "topping" is to use a tag for their challenge, so I added the "2U" tag with some white twine. I clear embossed white pigment ink and forgot to use the non-static bag to keep the stray flecks away. Once I went over it all with the Distress Ink, out they popped. I actually liked the effect and it just added more texture, so it's all good!

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! I love the bold colours, the variety of embossed backgrounds and that cute little cupcake. You rocked this challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love the patchwork of embossing folder patterns! The colour scheme is lovley too!
Sophia

Angelnorth said...

Lovely textured patchwork with the embossing, love it!

Tara Cardwell said...

Love your textured quilt - genius idea!!!
Thanks so much for joining the Fanatics this week.
Tara
x

OttawaMom said...

Great textured background and I love the colour combo! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Janet's Joy said...

Love the quilt design you have created here!
So glad you played along with us at Seize the Birthday!