Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wishy Washy on Washi


The Waltzingmouse Makes blog challenge last Monday morning was to make your own washi tape. Claire's post with step-by-step photos was so inspiring, but I found the process challenging nonetheless.

I recently bought the cute spring themed stamp set L'il Buddies and was itching to use it. Those little bees are adorable! I have never used washi tape (the real thing) so I am not sure how my DIY version compares, but I find it a bit fussy. It was very delicate and tore easily. I decided that was part of its natural charm, though, and tried to embrace it. I think I will use better quality double-sided tape next time and see if that helps.

In the end I really like this bright and sassy card, ragged edges and all! I also used the colours from this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge to guide me- Fuchsia, Sprout and Canary:
Thanks for checking in with me. Let's see if Claire springs a new challenge on us tomorrow morning!

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Love the colours you've used for your Washi tape - and those little bees are so darned cute!

Kelly S. said...

BEE WASHI! I so love it...better than any pattern that I've seen in a store! So whimsical and sweet with the chicken wire and the cane! I think you've got this technique down pat...but if you do want to try one that doesn't rip, I used 1/2 inch Scor-Tape on mine and it held steady!

Pauline said...

This is as cute as a button Charmaine! Lovely colours too, so fresh and springy!

Unknown said...

oh this is so cute Charmaine, I love those bees also!! yep a really cute cheery card!! Thanks so much for playing along with me!

anya said...

Just adorable, Charmaine! The bee washi is adorably perfect! Love how you incorporated this week's color challenge too. Its fabulous to see you playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Alicia said...

Darling card! Love seeing you and your creativity at The Play Date Cafe. :)