Friday, September 28, 2012

A Two-fer!

How nice - a bonus card made from offcuts of the first. I made a birthday card for my DH recently:


I am the first to admit there is a *LOT* going on with this card. I was trying too many things at once (spatter, sanding, fancy aperture cuts, pyramid die cutting...) and it lost its punch in the process. However, I will try again and choose one fancy technique per card and learn from this!

The die cuts that were created when I was cutting the folded apertures out of the card above became another birthday card for my DH's uncle:

The die I used is the Botanical Medallion Label from JustRite Stamps. I used a matching stamp to decorate it. Then I embellished with teal Swarovski heat-set crystals. This second card came together much quicker than the first - thanks to leftovers!

Trying to capture the sparkle of the crystal...

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

I like the idea of the layered centre in your husband's card. The colours are super and I really like the band too. I think the card made from the "offcuts" is just fabulous!