Monday, February 13, 2012

Queen of Hearts Challenge 2012


It's time for the annual Queen of Hearts Challenge at Quietfire Design. Be sure to enter today! My card uses a Quietfire calligraphy sentiment and the larger of the two Flourishing Inside - Hearts set. But before we proceed, take a look at the rectangles above. I made them using the Perfect Layers rulers. Those are 1/16th inch borders and using the tool made them easy. I want to put borders on everything now. I don't know how I managed as long as I did without these bordering tools. Here's where I heard about them and got a 5% discount, to boot. Shipping to Canada was reasonable.



For this card, I stamped 8 hearts in a medallion to create a focal point. I used Fuschia Pink StazOn on white glossy cardstock. 

I used the same heart stamp to create a border, just slightly overlapping and alternating vertical orientation as I went along. I really like this effect; I will be using that again.


And I'll leave you with just another shot of the entire card. Happy Valentine's Day! Be sure to see all the entries in this challenge over at Suzanne's blog: Quietfire Style


7 comments:

Quietfire said...

Oh, Wow! Charmaine - what a great way to start this year's QofH Challenge! I just love that border - it's amazing! Thanks for playing!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning!!! The calligraphy is really beautiful, but for me I just love the way you've made the border!

Robyn said...

Beautiful Charmaine.
Love the border!
Thanks for creating with us!

Pat said...

Love your card -- quite pretty, Love the color.

Beth Akins said...

This is fantastic! The color and flourish hearts are beautiful!

CraftyJo said...

What innovative uses of the one stamp! Very, very pretty card. Like you, I'm wanting to 'border' everything now - I got my Perfect Layers a few weeks ago and love them :)

Yogi said...

gorgeous