Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Christmas Angels

Once again I am participating in Sylvia's Christmas Card Challenge and this month the theme is angels. These two vintage cuties are from an umounted stamp sheet I bought many years ago from Lazarwerx Studios. I stamped them on glossy cardstock in brown archival ink to keep the image outline crisp, then watercoloured them in pastel tones to keep the softness (if that makes any sense!).


I made six of these cards with various backgrounds. The sentiment is from A Muse Stamps and the Spellbinders Fancy Tag is lightly bowed in the middle to give a bit of dimension. The postal mark is an old Rubber Stampede stamp. The peanut gallery (my DH) thought the angels should have been mounted straight on, but I like my angels on angle!


5 comments:

Susan said...

very nice & thanks for sharing; I'm, new to these images so do you highlight with some color or ??

Charmaine Stack said...

Thanks for visiting, Susan. Yes, the stamp is a photo-engraving, so lots of fine detail with little white space. I coloured in the white space (gowns, faces, flowers) with felt pen ink that I scribbled on plastic and lifted off with a wet brush and applied. More control that way than going straight from felt pen to paper. I glittered their wings with Stickles but you probably can't see that from the photo.

okanagan_spirit said...

Very nice Charmaine and I like the angels on anangle too.

Therese said...

I love them!! I am wanting to make a vintage looking card - maybe for next month's challenges.

I like them on an angle your angels!!

Therese

Andrea Ewen said...

Very vintage-y! That image is absolutely precious! I'm so jealous that you've probably gotten all of your Christmas cards finished by now! They're going to be some lucky recepients!