Saturday, February 4, 2017

February's Christmas Card

Sylvia Durocher's Christmas Card Challenge for the month of February is to use a heart shape and the colour red.

This little fellow made it easy! I coloured him with Zig Clean Colour Brushes, which Santa kindly brought me this past Christmas.
I have had this Waltzingmouse Stamp set for quite a while and I don't think I have used it before. Felt good to ink it up. The picot edge die is also a Waltzingmouse Stamp product. I cut once in white and once in blue and pieced them together with tape on the underside.

I embossed a few snowflakes in Ranger Frosted Crystal and blended Broken China Distress Ink over top.

I am also adding this to the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge for their February theme of festive drinks.



7 comments:

PJ said...

I must say Santa sure is kind to bring you such lovely brushes.. and you did a fabulous job putting them to use. Your card is so cute. Love the snowflakes too.
pjs-projects.blogspot.com

AlisonC said...

I always like a blended background, this is a pretty colour. it sets off your little robin very well.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh it's so nice to see this lovely bird! He's so bold and bright. Love the inked background too! Nice take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas Card Throwdown. Deborah, DT.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Love this gorgeous robin with his bobble hat and hot drink! Thanks for joining us at CCT, April x

Patricia Hays said...

Your festive birdie is so cute against the dreamy snowflake background! Thanks for sharing your card in our "festive drinks" challenge at CCT. :)

Kristina said...

What a fun card and wonderful colouring.

Sylvia said...

Charmaine, You are doing well with Christmas Cards. This guy is so cute. Sylvia D.