Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cameo Castle and Chomas Inked Envelope

I am still learning the ins and outs of my Cameo machine. This is a birthday card for a four year old girl who is very much in the fairy tale stage. The card front features Waltzingmouse Stamps coloured with Copic markers.

Card measure 4.25 X 5 inches.
Here is the pop-up inside, made with a cut file from the Silhouette Online store:
Look at that cut out greeting! I would never have the patience to do that with an Exacto knife. Because the castle doors open (the windows do, too) I wanted there to be a little surprise when Mikaela opens the doors, so I placed a butterfly gem inside:

I am entering this card in the Seize the Birthday challenge.

The really FUN aspect of this card for me was the envelope. I have abysmal penmanship from many years as a newspaper reporter when I would scribble notes in a notebook on my knee, so the addressing of a birthday card envelope has always been disappointing for me. Not any more! I used my new Chomas Creations pen holder in place of the cutting blade on my Cameo and used a Chomas pink glitter pen to address this:

Font: Arizonia
This was my first item made with the pen adapter and it was easy. I am looking forward to trying sketch files next!

4 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely perfect for a little girl! I love the castle - you're doing so much better with your Cameo than me! I love the envelope too!

Nancy said...

Lot of effort went into this card...all the way down to the envelope! Great job for a little girl's card! Thanks for linking is up with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Kate said...

Just gorgeous Charmaine and perfect for a little girl. I'd totally forgotten about the cut files for the castle, somehow missed them when I went shopping last week, better go back and check them out again. I'm still learning the ins and outs of my Cameo machine too.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable! Love the sweet castle...perfect for any little princess! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!