Sunday, September 23, 2012

Butterfly Card - Up Close

All stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps

Here is a closer look at the card I made recently for my mom's birthday. The base is white cardstock with rounded corners, I think 5 inches square. I created a clear jacket out of thick acetate and stamped an all over grid pattern across the front in white permanent ink. I stamped and embossed a large white doily onto aqua linen textured vellum, then die cut using a Big Scalloped Nestabilities die. I placed the doily on the white cardstock under the clear cover.   The big sentiment banner at the bottom is outlined in the vellum, too. Glitter and acetate are difficult to photograph!
In keeping with the clear theme, I stamped the center butterfly once on acetate and once on the same aqua vellum. I cut them out with scissors, then attached just the bodies together.
I curled the wings slightly with heat, applied glue and sprinkled on glitter. Once dry, I mounted to center of card.
The lower right corner butterfly is a single version of the center focal point, but I folded her in half so she appears to be flying.

The upper left butterfly is solid glitter on a die cut acetate butterfly, again folded in half for a side-profile view.  Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful Charmaine! I love all the glitter and these pretty aqua tones.