Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Heavy Metal Birthday



It's been awhile since I got out the Ten Seconds Studio coloured aluminum and play around. Recently I needed to make a birthday card. I ran a couple shades of pink metal sheets through the Cuttlebug with some embossing folders and backed with Sookwang Tape to secure. I covered the join with a piece of pink velvet ribbon, which is a nice soft contrast to the shiny metal.



It is difficult to get a good photo of metal as it is so reflective. I tried a few angles here.


The flower was die cut twice with Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die and then I punched out a scallop and used a TSS mold to raise the letter "C" for the birthday girl's monogram. I used the ball and cup to add dots around the rim, and lightly sanded away the colour. The flower looks better In Real Life but you'll have to take my word for it!

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a great card using the metal sheets Charmaine! love the colors - embossing and die cuts!

Yogi said...

very pretty. Happy new Year to you too.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! Love the embossing and the shine - really looks fab!