Monday, August 1, 2011

WMS Sketch Challenge #58

Here is my pocket card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I created the pocket from a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Twenty-One die.



The Sleigh Bells stamp is from Waltzingmouse. I used a new Memory Box steel die to create the scalloped border. The collage is an assortment of odds and ends featuring a vintage Santa from Graphics 45 scrapbook paper that was coated with Rock Candy Distress Stickles. 


The green metallic medallion is a silver embossed yogurt tub liner that I rubbed with metallic wax paste to tint. The bottom of the tag is edged in gold glass glitter shards. With the summer we have (not) been having, it hasn't been too difficult to get into the Christmas mood!

7 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

A fabulously vintage Christmas card - I really love the image on your tag! And a creative use of Labels 21. It's a super card.

Kelly S. said...

What an awesome vintage Chrismtas card, Charmaine! Love the fancy fold of the pocket, such cute details. The insert is amazing with that Santa image and the crackle!

Julia Aston said...

Love the pocket you created Charmaine! and that St. Nick tag is wonderful!

Lenet said...

Gorgeous label and love your pocket! Thanks for joining us at WMSC

Savitri said...

Great card and pocket!!! Thanks for playing with the WMS challenge this week!!

Pauline said...

What a great tag Charmaine, it's so vintage and christmassy!

Thanks for the advice on the butterfly die, I wasted some lovely paper with it before I could salvage the final one!

Nancy said...

Ok! I love these :) I'm in love with tags and Christmas tags are so fun!